Sunday, January 09, 2011

Bandila's 2nd Visit & My New Hair


that's me and Mau with ABS-CBN's Bandila Cameraman behind us

I had my Saturday scheduled perfectly. But then Mau, the segment producer of ABS-CBN's Bandila, texted me and asked if they could shoot more videos of me while working. At first, I declined coz I had a lot of work to do, Peter and I had tons of errands to run, the house was looking like a mess, and basically, I was just not in the mood. I was looking like a piece of trash, for crying out loud! I was doing some general cleaning around the house and Peter was doing a mountain of laundry. But since it will just take about 20 minutes, I finally obliged. I just made sure I can have a quick shower first before they even get here. Hehe, nagpakipot pa. ^_^

Below is one of the videos Peter took while Bandila was doing its thing...




True enough, the crew only took less than half an hour. That was the first highlight of my day. The second was when I finally had my hair rebonded. Finally! It took almost 6 hours that I had to let Peter go to this dinner thing with his TMB friends without me. The last time I had my hair fixed like this was exactly a year ago. So now, it's looking quite long. Love, love, love it! ^_^



How's your weekend so far? ^_^

To see more photos of me being shot by Bandila, please head to:


8 comments:

Gem said...

I never got into VA jobs, pero ganun pala talaga ang mga VA jobs? Parating online calls ang gagawin instead of chat?

I wonder, did you ever get trained to do this?

James Cooper said...

Hey Gem,

Nah, being a VA covers a lot of tasks. Talking is just one part. I also write ebooks, create blogs, manage social networks, and many, many more. It depends what kinds of tasks and clients you get. :-)

Gem said...

Pinakainteresting talaga ang talking part ng VA. Mostly emails ang communication sa akin, but sometimes I chat. Isang client lang ang nakipag-usap sa akin through Skype calls. Most clients I meet are somehow knowledgeable with the blog's technicalities.

Sadly, sometimes I lose some WP jobs to VAs, usually those clients who need quite a huge number of WordPress sites to configure. Usually kasi mas mababa ang rate ng VA compared to hiring a developer. Or, some clients simply hire me for customizing WP blog theme and fixing any problems, then let a VA do all the other easy tasks of setting up a blog (like plugin installations) - this is possible basta may set of instructions to follow.

Koryn said...

No photo of the gorgeous rebonded hair? ;)

James Cooper said...

Hey Gem,

Yeah, you're absolutely, right. One time, I had this client from Israel, he made me do some technical stuff that a developer should handle. I guess nagtitipid sha kasi sakin nya pinagawa lahat. Buti there's available training, so I was able to do a bit of technical tweaking sa site nya. When these things happen, I look at it like I'm in a school with free tuition and I get paid pa. Not a bad gig. :-)

James Cooper said...

Koryn, no photo but I have a video naman. Hehehe. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Jove D of Cavite. I was able to watch your interview in Bandila last night and because of that, I also wish to be a virtual assistant who can work at home like you. May I know what company you are working for? I'd like to work there, too. I hope you will answer my question. Thanks and God bless!

James Cooper said...

Hi Jove,

Kudos to you for going the home-based route! :-)

As for me, I don't work for a particular company. What you can do is post your resume and create an account at http://va4u.com and wait for possible clients to contact you.

If you're in a hurry to look for part-time of full-time VA jobs, you can check http://getafreelancer.com and http://craigslist.org. There are a lot of online jobs available there. :-)

Good luck and have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post