Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's and Birthday Week Highlights

I feel like I just came from a 2-week Valentine/Birthday celebration and thinking about it, I actually did. It felt like Christmas with the tons of love shared, tons of alcohol that went through my system, tons of food eaten, and tons of money spent on shopping (40 pieces of clothes, 8 pairs of shoes, 3 new bags, 2 belts, a pair of earring, new microwave, new hot and cold water dispenser, new electric fans, new bolts for the house). I am grateful to my sponsors, (you know who you are... *wink*) my special angel, and my hubby. THANK YOU, God! I feel so blessed! I absolutely had no intention of celebrating either but I guess the universe had a different plan for me. Sometimes, it really is important to celebrate occasions like your date of birth. It shows how much you value yourself and that you're worth every penny, every ounce of energy, every little thing that goes with the magic of your creation.

If there's one thing I've realized in this 2-week Valentine's/Birthday hullabaloo, it's about being happy, acknowledging the good inside of me and everything around me. I've also realized that I ought to be more focused with the things I want for myself this year.

I am 33 years old. I've accepted the fact that I only have 24 hours in a day, some of which I actually have to use for sleeping. I'm not like an energizer bunny anymore. I now easily get tired unlike before when I can practically go on, and on, and on. My liver also can't tolerate as much alcohol as before, and I need some down time to recuperate. So I have to streamline my activities and prioritize. This means less time blogging, less time on social networks, less time watching mindless DVDs and more time for the following: my projects, my rakets, my freelance work, my books, water sports activities, friends, family, and yes, rest. Health is still a top priority so I can enjoy life longer and be able to do more of the things I want. Oh, and traveling (I actually booked a number of trips this year --- Boracay, Bohol, Siargao, Bacolod, Bangkok and I'm still looking forward to a trip to Brazil which Koryn and the girls planned to do this year).

Anyway, this is going to be a long post but I'll try to just show you the highlights of the past two weeks.

Valentine's Eve - Dinner Buffet at Sofitel


See more photos here:


Valentine's Day - Enjoying the pool at Mandarin Oriental








Valentine's Day at Mall of Asia with one of my favorite people in the world. We had lunch at Kalye Juan, watched The Mechanic, and shopped for a gift for my lawyer and good friend, Patrick...



We had coffee at Gloria Jean's and capped our Valentine's Day with Chinese food for dinner at Golden Bay Fresh Seafood Restaurant along Diosdado Macapagal.


See more photos here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=89172&id=1619903650

Pre-Birthday Lunch at Johnny Chow and Shopping at Resorts World...





Got myself a genuine calf leather bag from
Paris Hilton and a pair of 4-inch heels from Charles and Keith.



Coffee at Le Bistro

See more photos here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=89181&id=1619903650


Ladies' Night every Thursday, hence, the unlimited Margaritas at Area 05
with my friend, Imee...


The moment the clock struck 12 midnight, I was so drunk and happy to be 33!



See more photos here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=89186&id=1619903650

I was too happy to see Brownman Revival
at 70's Bistro... Thank God for these photos. I was too hammered to remember exactly what happened that night. I just know that I was sooo happy!!!

More photos here:


Swimming at Green Nature Resort with my family

See more photos here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=89214&id=1619903650&l=104b30b07c


Movie Date (Just Go With It) and more shoe shopping and dinner at Tia Maria's then home... ^_^

What a wonderful, wonderful week! Totally unexpected. Thanks so much, universe. More happy times please! ^_^



3 comments:

Koryn said...

Jen! I could still hear you screaming..."I'M THIRTY THREE! I'M THIRTY THREEEEEEE!" Hihihi.

James Cooper said...

Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :D

Gregory said...

Wow ... that looks like you enjoyed your time ..
I really liked the photo and the moment when you celebrate Valentine's Day.
Dish that is served is also very interesting and impressive ...
I also wanted to invite my boyfriend to celebrate Valentine's next year in this place that you visit. Surely it would be a very interesting event ..
And I think you do not look like the age of 33 years and even younger than that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post