Sunday, November 04, 2012

My Jonas Brothers Manila Concert 2012 Experience


Oct. 17, 2012. After only two hours of sleep, I suddenly woke up, alert and no longer sleepy. To think that I badly needed some beauty rest because as usual, I haven't been taking care of myself. But I couldn't sleep anymore and my baboo Peter was still asleep beside me. Not wanting to get out of bed yet, I remained under the covers and I did what I usually do --- text my bessy Hanz about the latest in my life, that I just woke up all so suddenly and I couldn't sleep anymore. He's worried about me but what can he do? I'm so stubborn sometimes... okay, all the time! Hehehe. :p

After about 5 minutes, my baboo Peter's phone rang. He got a text message. He was awaken by it and excitedly told me that his client was asking for a suggestion how to give away Jonas Brothers' concert tickets (general admission). I suddenly sat up straight and shrieked "The Jonas Brothers are here???!!! OMG! OMG! OMG!" Was this why I suddenly woke up? Did my subconscious know that they are in the Philippines??? So I ran to my office in the next room and went online! True enough, the Jonas Brothers were having their first major Philippine concert on October 19, 2012! OH MY GOD!!!


When Joe Jonas went here in June, I watched him perform live in Alabang Town Center; I promised myself that should he come back with his brothers, I will definitely watch them! 

So without further ado, I researched where to buy tickets. I wanted to be at the front. But I guess I was too late coz the first 4 rows of the Arena in Mall of Asia where the concert was to be held were already taken. But there were still VIP seats on the 5th row... Ack! It cost almost Php11,000! I texted my bessy Hanz about it and asked for his opinion. He said that I deserve to get the best seat since I work hard enough for my money anyway. (TRUE!) I also don't have any other luxury in life (except for my travels I guess, albeit all budget travels except for those sponsored like my trip to Bali last April) and I do make a lot of sacrifices (which isn't obvious to many and which I won't detail here anymore). Plus, this is the first time in my whole life that I will be watching and paying for a major concert that I really, really want to see so... after 2 more minutes of thinking about it, I bought a VIP seat! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! I was sooooo excited my heart was beating so fast!!!!



As expected, I couldn't anymore sleep until the concert hour arrived. I picked my VIP ticket at the outlet in SM Southmall the next day and on the 19th I hired a guy to drive me to Arena in MOA. On my way there, I was with my bessy Hanz on the phone. I couldn't contain my excitement, my anxiety, my nervousness. This was the first time I'm doing something like this without my baboo Peter and I dunno if I can handle being with a lot of people, mostly teens and youngsters of course. I dunno if you've read it in my other posts before, but I am an introvert and I hate crowds. But because I love Jonas Brothers so much, I will conquer my fear of being with too many people for them. Thank God my bessy was there with me on the phone the whole time... well, at least until I got to the venue. 

I arrived at the Arena an hour early, 6:00 pm to be exact. In fairness, I think I was the prettiest among the crowd of young ones. Nyahaha! My baboo Peter helped pick out the attire I wore and true enough, it made me look a lot younger... maybe like a 16 year old? Hehehe. 



I fell in line together with the "kids" and waited for the door to open. I couldn't contain my excitement! 



The entrance to the concert venue opened at 6:30pm. OMG! OMG! OMG! I looked for my seat (E-5) and took lots of pictures. 



By 7pm, the Arena was almost filled with people. After a few more minutes, Paraluman played a few songs. Next was Anna Maria Perez de Tagle. She's so pretty and sexy now! I watched her at Camp Rock, a Disney movie a few years back starred by the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato. Anyway, my favorite part was when she sang Filipino songs particularly Adik Sayo by Rivermaya. 


It was just so cosmic because the whole day, I was thinking of that song. Adik Sayo was playing in my head over and over and over again. And I think my heart skipped a beat when all of a sudden Anna sang it on stage. Hahaha! Talk about the law of attraction! That song is actually a private joke between me and my bessy coz we seem to can't get enough of each other every time we talk. And yeah, I can't last a day without talking or chatting with him. So yeah, you can say I'm addicted to my bessy but it's not what you think! :p

So anyway, when Anna finished her set, there was a short break. Then it was time for the Jonas Brothers! I must've have gone deaf from the intensity and volume of the shouts and the shrieks of the kids and teens around me! So what did I do? Nakisigaw na rin ako! I shrieked at the top of my lungs!!! I was so in love with Joe, Nick and Kevin!!! And yes, it is what you think! I wanted to marry them all! Hahaha!!!




My current ultimate favorite is their new song LOVE BUG. I guess it's coz it's biting me every single time I see my crushes. LOL! 




Called you for the first time yesterday 
I finally found the missing part of me 
I felt so close but you were far away 
Left me without anything to say 

 Now I'm speechless over the edge, 

I'm just breathless I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug again 
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment 
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again 
 I can't get your smile out of my mind (I can't get you outta my mind) 
I think about your eyes all the time 
You're beautiful but you don't even try (You don't even, don't even try) 
Modesty is just so hard to find 

 
One of the songs I also liked is WEDDING BELLS sung by Nick Jonas. They say that it's a song he composed for Miley Cyrus when he still loved her. But whatever! I just like the lyrics and Nick's voice here is just so damn good! Also, I don't wanna hear the wedding bells if it's not me he's marrying. LOL.


"No, I don't wanna love If it's not you 
I don't wanna hear the wedding bells prove 
That we can't try One last time 
But I don't wanna hear the wedding bells chime!"



Another classic song of theirs that I like is HELLO BEAUTIFUL... After they sang this they did a cover of WE ARE YOUNG. My heart just melted. Sigh.



Hello Beautiful How's it going? 
I hear it's wonderful in California 
I've been missing you it's true 
But tonight I'm gonna fly 
Yea tonight I'm gonna fly '
cause I could go across the world 
See everything and never be satisfied 
If I couldn't see those eyes 


Another Jonas song that I super love is GIVE LOVE A TRY. I first got addicted to this song 
after watching an episode of the hit TV series Jonas. The lyrics and melody just melt my heart. Sigh...




You, you like driving on a Sunday 
You, you like taking off on Monday 
You, you're like a dream, a dream come true 
 I was just a face you never notice 
Now I'm just trying to be honest 
With myself, with you, with the world 
 You might think that I'm a fool For falling over you 
So tell me what I can do to prove to you 
That it's not so hard to do? 
 Give love a try, one more time 
'Cause you know that I'm on your side 
Give love a try, one more time


Anyway, suffice it to say that that night, I felt like my 16 year old self, pining over three guys (hala! parang 3rd year HS lang! Hello, hello, hello Mikki, Paul and Eric! Chos!) and wishing they like me too. Hihihi.

I really enjoyed myself that evening. The concert lasted until around 10pm. We were shouting for more, and they did sing one more song. Then it was really over. SIGH. 

Here's one of the vids I personally took: WHEN YOU LOOK ME IN THE EYES. Notice in the vid that I did shriek out of kilig coz they are just so awesome and good looking!!!




How long will I be waiting, 
To be with you again 
Gonna tell you that I love you, 
In the best way that I can. 
I can't take a day without you here, 
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear. 

When you look me in the eyes, 
And tell me that you love me. 
Everything's alright, 
When you're right here by my side. 
When you look me in the eyes, 
I catch a glimpse of heaven. 
I find my paradise, 
When you look me in the eyes.  

I felt like one of the luckiest girls on earth that evening. I wish the night wouldn't be over. But I guess reality has to set in at some point. I hope next time, when they come back, I'd get to kiss and hug them too. I love you, Jonas Brothers!




2 comments:

Koryn said...

Ikaw na. Ikaw na ang super fan girl ;) And bravo to you for braving the concert alone! Galing :)

James Cooper said...

Hihihi. Ako na talaga Koryn. And I did it all without an ounce of alcohol in my system. Hehehe. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post