Sunday, May 08, 2016

A Mother's Day Message


I want to shout to the whole world, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, to all mommies, nanays, mamas, mothers, inangs out there most especially sa mommy ko, Erlinda M. Adams. I never really quite realized how much sacrifice, pain and hardship being a mother entails until I became one myself. It's no walk in the park, it's the hardest thing in the whole wide world and yet here is my mom, surviving all of life's challenges with my dad by her side in order to provide a good life for us three siblings to the best of her ability.



Of all the things my mom has ever done for me --- she was my very first best friend and confidant... at a very young age of 10-12 she would already talk to me about sex, virginity, marriage, marrying someone who finished college and someone I love; she was my idol... I loved it when she would bring me to her office starting when I was just in pre-school and she would show me off her office mates and make me recite poems while standing on top of their office table; she always celebrates my birthday even during my rough teen years when all I wanted t do was curl up and die (yeah, I was an angsty & suicidal teenager, lol!); she would work so hard and save the little spare money she had even to the point of taking out government loans so she can have some spare cash for us during summer time when we would usually invite my cousins and friends over, go to swimming pool resorts, go malling and shopping, etc., and so much more... and of all of these things, the one thing that I remember with the most fondness are those RARE moments in my adult years when I would act like a 2 year old girl throwing tantrums and she would just let me be because she understands me, flaws and all. This happened when I was 25 and we were in Surigao del Norte. We've been sightseeing and visiting relatives all day and I was very tired and moody. She wanted to introduce me to my uncles and aunts but I was just not in the mood and I just started having tantrums right then and there. My dad was there muttering "Haynaku ang panganay ko parang baby pa rin" and my mom just understood and let me be. Second time it happened was last year when I was 6 months pregnant, we were in Cagayan de Oro, and I got so mad at my steplola for being so two-faced and plastic. My mom was there to referee and pacify me and then she just let me be. Oh and that first time my ex left me. She just hugged me, cried with me and told me "Tara! Shopping therapy!" (^_^)



I am not a perfect daughter, far from it and I have my moments of darkness (blame it to my irregular hormones). If not for the love, support and understanding of my mom all these years, who knows where I'd be? Kaya salamat, mommy! Hindi ko pa yata nasasabi tong mga to sayo. Ngayon ko lang din naalala. I hope you know how much you're appreciated and loved kahit na hindi tayo mushy na pamilya at madalang tayo magabi ng I love you sa isa't isa.

Happy mother's day to the best mom in the world! I love you! 
heart emoticon
heart emoticon
heart emoticon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post