Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Zambapalooza with Brownman Revival



How was your long weekend? Were you able to do the things you've been wanting to do but just didn't have the time? I hope so.

As for me, the break wasn't as relaxing as I imagined it would be. I even ended up having a terrible body ache after 3 days and 2 nights of extreme adventure which I haven't experienced in a loooong while. But I'm not complaining... 

After 3 and a half hours of travel from Manila via the North Expressway, we finally arrived at Pundaquit, San Antonio, Zambales a little before 9 am. We rented an aircon room at Megan's Resort (P1440/night for 3 pax) and didn't waste time exploring the beach, checking out the gorgeous surfers and signing up for a free surfing clinic. 
 


After the competition, Zambales and Manila Surfers had a tug-of-war competition. Too bad for us ManileƱos, Zambales surfers won. I also noticed that there were several soldiers in the area, probably to ward off local NPAs. I took that chance to have my picture taken with them. Hehehe. Afterwards, I did some skim boarding by the beach. It was perfect! Way off better for this kind of sport than that of La Union. And I really had so much fun!                                                                          



On our first night, after having dinner and playing some videoke, despite the drizzle, we went to a nearby resort where three bands were going to play including Brownman Revival (BMR). There were also some fire stunts performed by fellow surfers. Unfortunately, after the 2nd band, the drizzle turned into full blown rain and due to previous electrocution (don't worry, he's fine now) of the first band's vocalist, the organizers cancelled the last band and decided for BMR to play the following night instead. Thus, we stayed another night. Besides, there were news of flood in Pampanga which made it difficult for us to travel back home. Therefore, to the delight of most of my friends, we stayed. Yipee!
                 



The next day, we explored the other nature spots nearby. we found an estuary where one could do body boarding or just simply let the running fresh water drag you to sea. We also passed by this beautiful river before heading to the Pundaquit water falls where most of the boys took a brave jump into the cold pool below. I surprised myself and everyone else by doing the same thing! It was the scariest yet bravest thing I have ever done in my entire life and I was shaking all over afterwards! The cheers of my friends and the local crowd drowned  my fears  and I just did it! Whew!!! The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with the waves and skim boarding some more before we finally headed to our room and got ready for that night's Brownman gig.


That night, it  drizzled again but this didn't stop Brownman from performing. They transfered inside the cafeteria to make sure that the musical instruments don't get wet. We were having so much fun dancing and singing along their tunes. After the 10th song, the lights suddenly went out! Bummer! Goodness! Well atleast, I was able to have fun while it lasted. So the band decided to call it a night and Dino and Riki met up with us in our hotel room and chatted the dawn away.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post