Saturday, February 10, 2007

Anilao Batangas Fun Dive

This entry has been inspired by Koryn's entry on scuba diving...

Scuba diving at Anilao Batangas is one of those things that Peter and I have been putting off for two years now. Yes it's quite an expensive hobby/interest but other than that, I'M JUST PLAIN SCARED TO TRY. But heck, I'm not growing any younger and even if I drink less and less coffee, my heart will always beat a million times per second at the thought of going underwater for a considerable amount of time. So, we finally decided that it's time to get over my fears one by one (bungee jumping and sky diving included). Thus, our discovery scuba diving trip to Anilao, Mabini, Batangas.


Pacifico Azul Resort

We were supposed to dive at Sunbeam Dive Resort but the dive master I contacted was an @#%&*. He tried to rip us off ($70/person)! Instead, we found a nicer & nearer place, Villa Ligaya (0910-439-1073 (Resort); mnla booking: (02) 896-6016 / (02) 896-6391; alex@philtech.net / mic@philtech.net, www.philtech.net), which charges 1500/person for the discovery dive and P600/person for an extra dive, inclusive of equipment and boat rental. But since their accommodations were quite expensive, we stayed at Pacifico Azul Resort, (0916-736-8666) for only 3000/ night good for 6 pax regardless of what time you check out the next day. It was really homey and the Japanese owner was very kind.

Posing by the beach and on a docked boat nearby...

So, together with Ces, Vina and Odhe, off we explored this heart-pounding new interest of ours. Philip Albar, our dive instructor, who was with the Philippine Marines for 9 years, taught us and took care of us. He was very gentle, encouraging, funny and kind. We felt so at ease and less nervous. Peter, of course, easily learned and was as comfy as a whale underwater (He was able to reach the maximum depth of 40 feet.) and Odhe was like a torpedo while us girls just did 20 ft. Not bad!

Odhe clinging onto the rope for dear life before zooming deep down...

Cecil giving the OK sign...

Vina holding on to Philip as she slowly descended...

All I can say is that it was very awesome for all of them. For me, it was just like snorkeling with pain in my ears (I was having a hard time equalizing pressure as we were going deeper and deeper). But the moment I looked up from below, with the sun's rays penetrating the deep waters... alas! It was heaven! I felt like a mermaid. Hopefully, Peter gets to take the dive master's course since he really fell in love with it. As for me, I'm ok with doing an "extra" dive every now and then.

Peter the Human Walrus... need I say more? :-)

Me... trying to be Mrs. Walrus myself...

Another go for Peter...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post