Thursday, April 22, 2010

Donsol - Swimming with the Butanding Whale Sharks

Happy Earth Day, everyone!
That's me and my guide as we were swimming on top of the Butanding whale shark... scary but nice. ^_^ Photo was taken by Peter by the way.


On this very important day, I won't be posting the usual save the earth stuff that we already know - save water, don't throw your trash, save electricity, etc., etc. I'd like to believe that at this point in our life, we are already doing our best, through our own little, personal ways, in helping save our planet.
This one is bigger than a bus!
Instead, I want to share with you a raw video I took underwater, as I was swimming with the Butanding whale sharks last April 18, 2010, when my husband and I explored Donsol and Caramoan with our friends. We had up to 10 or so sightings but because I was feeling all sorts of different things (scared, anxious, excited, happy, exhilarated), I was only able to take one good video shot of the gentle giant. I'll be writing a separate blog post about this. But for now, here's showing you one of my fears which I have conquered. I think I will be doing this again next summer to support the local Butanding tourism of Donsol, Sorsogon. Long live the whale sharks!

Peter was briefly face to face with the whaleshark at the start of this raw vidoe file.
Oh, and yes, our planet is very beautiful. Like in Donsol for instance, the water is so rich with planktons and the whale sharks look so healthy. The waters are a different shade of blue, more like the color of lapis lazuli. It's the first time I've seen such color. So let's continue doing our part in taking care of our planet. They hold so much promise for us. ^_^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post