Saturday, April 24, 2010

Islands of Dampalitan, Malaking Talabaan and Maliit na Talabaan in Padre Burgos, Quezon

This post is about the places my husband Peter, and I, explored last Black Saturday… If you want to start this Padre Burgos beach travelogue from the beginning, please click the following link:

~~~oOo~~~

I woke up the following morning, which was a Black Saturday, at around 4:00 am. The beach was dark except for the moonlit and starlit sky. I can still see the outline of the gorgeous mountain ranges from afar. I stayed inside the tent hoping that Peter will wake up as well... to no avail. So I tried going back to sleep. At 5:00 a.m., I really wasn't feeling sleepy anymore so I nudged Peter beside me to wake him up. I needed to pee. I didn't want to go all the way to the public restroom area and pass by the tents of all the other sleeping campers, so I asked Peter to accompany me to a nearby bush instead where I can do number 1. Teehee. By the time we went back to our tent, I saw some fishermen docking their boats and going to our area. Apparently, they were trying to sell us some newly caught Tilapya fish and crabs. I wasn't really in the mood to buy coz one, we didn't bring any grill where we can cook it; two, we didn't know how to make fire; and three, I don't wanna be too full that it will make me do number 2. I try to avoid doing that whenever we camp. I'd rather stay on a strict diet so my tummy can wait all the way back home or somewhere more civilized where I can relieve myself. But anyway, the fishermen were really very insistent. They even volunteered to borrow the grill of our neighbor campers (who were still sleeping) without their knowledge and also made fire for us with the use of coconut husks. I felt pity for them so we ended up buying Php 120.00 worth of fresh Tilapya. Not bad. It did taste so yummy and I finished one huge piece.


The rest of our early morning was spent walking by the beach, still dressed in my makeshift PJs, waiting for the sun to shine.The tide was low and the beach seemed wider that early morning.


We also lounged at the rubber hammocks and read our books. I felt so relaxed like I never wanted to leave this place. If only they have more civilized bathrooms, maybe I will stay here longer next time. Oh well...

As soon as the sun was up, we changed into our swimwear and hit the beach and the waters.

We also said our goodbye to the turtle and the fishes.


At around 11:00 am, we had our boatmen pick us up as we bid goodbye to Dampalitan Island. We surely had fun and this will be one of those camping places we'll come back to with our family and friends next time.

On our way back to the port, we passed by Malaking Talabaan island. "Malaki" means "big" and "talabaan" is a local term for "a place for oysters". I didn't see any oysters though. But there were locals there who were camping and swimming around the island, probably looking for oysters.

This little islet beside Malaking Talabaan is Maliit na Talabaan. "Maliit" means "little" or small" describing the size of the islet as compared to the other one beside it (Malaking Talabaan).

This mountain below is our last view of the King Kong mountain. It does look like the back of King Kong, huh?

Finally, we arrived at the port where we parked Zac (our Yaris). It had been a great Holy Weekend for us. We didn't immediately go home after this. We passed by two more places in Quezon which I'll blog about next. ^_^

For more photos, please click the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=47362&id=1619903650&l=269c7e2c77

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post