Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Taiwan FGS Buddha Memorial Center Tour: A Prologue

I've been doing a lot of meditation and contemplation as of late that it made me think back to my 2-week trip to Taiwan when I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the Philippine delegates to attend the International Youth Seminar on Life and Ch'an

 

Then I realized that I've been doing so much traveling (almost non-stop for several years now) that I've been seriously lagging behind my travelogues. But I am becoming a little more diligent in publishing my stories now. And so, even before more days pass without me posting anything here, at least let me give you a prologue to my next travel story --- Fo Guang Shan Temple (FGS) Buddha Memorial Center in Taiwan and the 2012 International Youth Seminar on Life and Ch'an Day 3.

 
July 21, 2012

So far, the third day of the youth camp has been the most fun of all. Aside from the usual protocol done during early morning meditation, breakfast and lunch, we did Sutra Calligraphy, listened to a talk about Life and Ch'an, witnessed Buddhist chanting, did a Dharma Hunt, watched a concert and ended the day with a Light Offering and Prayer Ceremony. I learned so many things about life, the importance of meditation (Ch'an) and how I can apply these teachings to my daily life so I can be at peace even in the face of tragedy and setbacks. No wonder I've been coping quite wonderfully despite what happened to my failed marriage... But first things first...
 
Review my previous posts about this International Youth Camp to give you a better understanding on what it's all about and what I intend to accomplish when I did this trip.

To know how I was able to join the 2012 International Youth Seminar on Life and Ch'an and how you can join too in the future as this happens every year, please head to this post: 2012 International Youth Seminar on Life and Ch'an: Taiwan Pre-Departure Preparations

To read about what happened on Day 1, please head to this post: 
2012 International Youth Seminar on Life and Ch'an in Taiwan Day 1 
To read about what happened on Day 2, please head to this post: 
If you wanna know the things that went through my mind (no holds barred) as  I did my 1-weekmeditation retreat, follow my Monastic Diaries.

Oh, and here's a post I did the moment I got home after two weeks... just because one of my co-delegates looks like Harry Potter. Hehehe. 
Spot the Filipino Harry Potter Look-Alike and Some Thoughts for the Coming Days
By the time you're done heading back to all my previous travelogues about this trip, I'll be ready with my Day 3 post. For now, here's a photo of the assembly area of the FGS Buddha Memorial Center in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Isn't it so beautiful?

 

By the way, they give college scholarships to those who are interested to learn the ways of Buddha. (^_^) Til my next post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post