Tuesday, April 06, 2010

House of Dreams - Living In My Childhood Dream Home

I grew up living a simple life. There were times I felt extremely lucky (thanks to my grandfather who is rich enough to help out my parents financially) and there were times I felt extremely hungry and sad (coz my dad didn't really have any stable job and my mom is working for the government until now). All I wanted was to finish my studies (thank God to my scholarships) so I can live the life I've always wanted, which means, have a place I can call my own, decorate it any way I want to, and be able to do what I want (like walk naked if I want to... which I used to do a lot of times even as a young kid inside my own room. Teehee. I remember one summer, I was 15, my cousins and I took a photo of ourselves naked. My dad was the one who developed the film and he went ballistic on us! Teehee. ^_^ Those were priceless times!).

Anyhoo, I've always wanted to live in a nice, cozy house with glass doors, and surrounded by beautiful things... my beautiful things. I'm fortunate enough to say that I've been living my childhood dream for a few years now. Thanks to Popsy, to Peter, and to God's infinite blessings! And recently, my hubby and I had some parts of my childhood dream home renovated --- I had the front yard fenced to stop the kids from turning it into their afternoon playground, I had the plants taken out since I don't know how to take care of them anyway, I had my bathroom tiles changed coz they were breaking away due to the extreme heat, and all those extra white rocks that were left, I decorated the balcony with. Now I realize that all the things I could ever need are just here at home. So don't blame me if I'm always lazy to leave the house (except when we go on out of town trips). Hihihi.


If I'm not at the balcony, or our bedroom, or the backyard, I'm here at the lanai playing with our stuff.

My other dream is still in progress, which is to be able to fully pay this house so we won't think about its monthly mortgage anymore. ^_^ Anyway, here's the evolution of the house through the three years we've been living here...

The front yard evolution:

Year 2007

Year 2008

Year 2009

Year 2010


The evolution of MY bathroom:

Year 2007

Year 2008-09


Year 2010

Here's what I did with those extra sacks of white rocks/stones:

Here are my other blog posts about our house:

A Sneak Preview Into Our Little Home

Lifestyle Change The Sexy Nomad Way

Mandaue Foam Furniture: Memory Foam and Bed Foot Stool


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful home :)

James Cooper said...

Thanks anonymous. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post