Friday, May 06, 2011

Loving My Sociable Self (Boracay Affairs, RR Herrera's Birthday Party, Defending the Caveman)

I don't think anyone will believe me when I say that on paper (MBTI) and in my heart, I am an introvert. Isn't it ironic that when I was doing my one month soul searching thing in Boracay, I actually got reacquainted with my old sociable self? Blame it on some unexpected turn of events...


...when I had a fabulous time with fellow bloggers Joriben and Omar during their personal island vacation.


...when I had an awesome time bonding with Noelle and got introduced to her amazing social circle (Rina of Lifestyle Network & DJs Chris and Chloe of Mellow 947).

with DJs Chris & Chloe and Noelle


...when I got invited to
try SMART LTE and made a lot of new friends.

with Andi Manzano, Jayvee Fernandez & DJ Paolo
with Smart and and HUAWEI folks



with long time online / VA friend Lorie and new friend Anne of Smart



You see, growing up, I've always loved parties and social situations. I actually started hosting parties at home at the age of four. Then for some hormonal or psychological reason, I slowly got more comfortable being alone after I got hired to do government work, and more so when I retired from the government service at the age of 30. Psychologists say that being an introvert doesn't mean you are lonely or alone. It just means that introverts find happiness within unlike extroverts who really seek out the company of other people in order to feel happy.

Well, lately, may I say that my old extrovert self is starting to kick in. I am starting to miss Peter when he's not at home (before this I actually rarely miss him); I now enjoy attending events and going to parties (before, doing so would sometimes feel like a chore); and I actually really miss my friends now. What's happening to me??!!

So since I got back from the beautiful island of Boracay, I didn't really mean to be sociable but I guess I've been attracting social situations. Look here:

April 27:
After I attended a focused group discussion, I spent most of my late afternoon and early evening just bonding with my friend Nicole over dinner and drinks at Manong's located at South Point here in Alabang. The last time we actually saw each other was ages ago!

with Nicole

April 30 - May 1
I had two movie dates in a row with my husband (watching THOR), after which we went to RR Herrera's birthday party at Fat Michael's where I made new friends (Elna and Francis) and met Sam and Kakki, plus a photo op once again with Aiza Seguerra! Whoopee!

with Carelle Mangaliag and RR Herrera

with Carelle Mangaliag

L-R: Francis, Elnam RR, Carelle, me and Aiza Seguerra
with my ex-roommate Ian

with Sam (L) and Kakki / Ate Shena of Batibot

See more photos of RR Herrera's birthday party here:

May 5
Watched Defending the Caveman preview where I bonded a bit with our blogger friends Joriben, Omar, Ferdie, Joy, Flow and had a fantastic photo op with Joel Trinidad and the monologue's directors Michael Williams and Cathy Azanza-Dy.


Defending the Caveman by the way is a Broadway Smash Comedy About the Sexes 8million tickets sold worldwide in 30 different languages Starring: Joel Trinidad Directed by; Michael Williams and Cathy Azanza-Dy May 6, 7, 13, 14, 20 and 21, 2011 at 8pm Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, 4/F, RCBC Plaza Ayala Avenue cor. Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City Call 2150788 or 09175378313 or email theatershowbusiness@gmail.com or call Ticketworld at 8919999 or log on to www.ticketworld.com.ph for tickets: P1,200 (orchestra center); P1,000 (orchestra side aisle seats); P600 (orchestra side); P500 (loge); P350 (balcony)


If there's one thing that's lacking with Defending the Caveman, it's the fact that the audience ought to be drinking cocktails and beer while watching Joel Trinidad perform an awesome monologue. But since that was not the case, Peter and I headed to Bowler for a much needed bonding time where I also met his wonderful friends Chen and June and our old friend Maro. I plan to see them again on Monday for some rockeoke fun!


And now, May 6, I am actually headed to see my all-time favorite Filipino reggae band, Brownman Revival coz I miss them so much! Ack! I'm late! ^_^

So to my extrovert self, welcome back and I hope you stay long enough for me to completely enjoy you. ^_^

2 comments:

TED said...

hei jen, im pleased to meet you in bora....smart evo event was great but more so the new friends we've met during the lte experiential demo...it leaves an imprint on an extraordinary summer...

TED

James Cooper said...

Hi Sir Ted. The pleasure is all mine. :-) ...That's so true! It's really awesome having such an extraordinary summer experience. Hoping to bump into you again one of these days...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post