Monday, May 13, 2013

Zest Air: Inaugural Flights to KL, Kota Kinabalu and Bacolod



If you're my follower or friend in any of my social networks:


...you've probably been noticing a lot of uploaded photos taken in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. On this post, you'll find out where it all started. So read on...

As you know, I just came back from my one month trip in the Visayas where I mostly stayed in Oslob and visited the neighboring islands of DumagueteSiquijor and Camotes. I got home last May 1 and I told myself that I'll just stay home the rest of the month to rest, focus on work and take care of my blogs. Well, well, well... I haven't even unpacked yet when I got an invitation from Zest Air, AirAsia and Fleishman Hillard Manila (c/o Ferdie Bondoy) to join the familiarization tour of Kuala Lumpur. I've already been there before but only for a very short visit. I'd love to go back to  Kuala Lumpur again and check out the other beautiful tourist sites KL has to offer so of course I said my sweet YES!

check-in at NAIA 4

I was to be a part of Zest Air's maiden flight to Kuala Lumpur. On the same day of the flight, May 10, 2013, Zest Air also launched its maiden flights to Kota Kinabalu and Bacolod. In fact, one-peso promo fares from Manila to Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Shanghai, Cebu, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo (Boracay), Iloilo, Tacloban, Bacolod, Davao, Cebu and CDO were up fro grabs until yesterday (May 12). You can visit www.flyzest.com and www.airasia.com to see their current promos. 

Anyway, the reason for Zest Air to launch new flights to Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu and Bacolod is that it is expanding its wings in the region. 

So, together with other travel bloggers and one actor who I loved as a kid (Chuckie Dreyfus), I was on board Flight Z2948 which left Manila at 6:45 AM last Friday, May 10, 2013 and arrived in Kuala Lumpur's LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) at 10:25 AM. 

Team Kulit... este Team Kuala!  LOL!
Together with the other passengers, we all received a warm welcome from Tourism Malaysia. In fact, even when we were still in NAIA 4 waiting to board, there was free buffet breakfast for everyone. 


free buffet breakfast for all the passengers of the maiden flight


we were handed corsages upon arrival at the LCCT

As for those bound for Kota Kinabalua (Zest Air flight Z2501), they left NAIA terminal 4 at 9:35AM. Their group included other travel bloggers and celebrity singer and songwriter Jim Paredes. 

Last year, there were more than 500,000 Filipinos who went to Malaysia for both business and pleasure. This number is expected to grow this year according to Ms. Fazdilla Mansor, Director of Tourism Malaysia Philippines. 

"Tourism Malaysia is delighted that ZestAir is launching its maiden flights to Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu. This initiative certainly comes at the perfect time since Malaysia will be celebrating its fourth Visit Year (VMY) in 2014 and this year has been designated as the VMY promotional campaign year. We seek to attract more tourists from the Philippines to Malaysia. Last year, the country welcomed 508,744 Filipino tourists, which was a growth of 40.5% compared to 362,101 Filipino tourists in 2011. I am confident that this enhanced connectivity will be able to boost tourist arrivals from the Philippines to Malaysia." said Ms. Fazdilla Mansor, Director of Tourism Malaysia Manila.

Because Zest Air now has daily flights to Kuala Lumpur from Manila, it is now easy to visit its famous tourist spots like the Petronas Twin Towers, Batu Caves, Genting Highlands, KL Art Gallery, a variety of shops and more!

visited so many KL tourist spots! 

For those wanting to be with nature, you can also now easily go to Kota Kinabalu and explore its beaches, jungles and one of the most accessible mountains in the world, Mount Kinabalu. Zest Air flies to Kota Kinabalu every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. I actually hope to go there again and climb the famous mountain.

During an interview, the SVP for Zest Air Commercial and External Affairs, Butch Rodriguez, said "The launch of these three new routes in one day affirms our commitment to provide passengers across the region with great value and refreshing travel experience."
Fly ZestAir!

My trip to Kuala Lumpur was indeed one of my most favorite travels EVER. It was very fun, refreshing and truly memorable. Thank you ZestAir, AirAsia and Fleishman-Hillard Manila for this wonderful opportunity which I'll never forget. Cheers to more future travels with Zest Air and Air Asia! 

---------------
Check out other blog posts about this trip at:
http://teamkualalumpur.blogspot.com/
http://www.mommywrites.blogspot.com/2013/05/sir-richard-branson-serves-as-flight.html
http://www.juanmanilaexpress.com/zest-air-inaugurated-their-maiden-flights-from-manila-to-kl-and-kota-kinabalu/

8 comments:

daJUANtraveler said...

I truly enjoyed this trip, especially having you on board as my seatmate! Fun time sa KL talaga! See you soon, Sexy Nomad! :)

James Cooper said...

Me too Enzo!!! I miss you na nga eh. See you soon!!! Ituloy natin kantahan natin. :*

adventurousfeet said...

woot! ang saya super enjoy! buti nalang may zest air flight na din pa kuala lumpur! :) the best talaga mga tawa moments!

James Cooper said...

Hahaha! Korak! I super loved our kulit moments. Go Team Kuala! :D

Ruth Floresca said...

It was great meeting you during the trip Jen! Hope we could catch up again, soon! :)

James Cooper said...

Ruth! It was great meeting you too! I haven't forgotten your promise of more bonding and chikka next time! :)

mico santos said...

Nice post. Love Malaysia. I wish ZestAir did not closed the Boracay route love to go there via ZestAir

James Cooper said...

Mico, now that ZestAir is in strategic partnership with AirAsia, maybe they'll open their wings to Boracay once again. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post