Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stingless Jellyfish @ Sohoton Cove, Bucas Grande, Siargao


You've already seen the virgin beauty of the Hidden Island Resort; I've already shown you what it was like to enter the enchanted Sohoton Cove; Now, I will show you through videos we took, what it was like to see thousands, even millions of stingless jellyfish and be able to swim with them! Are you ready?

It has been a dream of mine to visit Palau just to see the stingless jellyfish there and swim with them. But since I found out that we have that kind of attraction here in the Philippines, particularly in Sohoton Cove in Bucas Grande, Siargao, I figured, why go so far when I can experience it right here in our own country, right?

So, going back to the Jellyfish Lagoon... remember when we were waiting for the tide to subside inside Sohoton Cove? During that time, the smaller boat we rented brought us to the opposite direction of the caves. Here's a video below showing that we've already had a jellyfish sighting just before entering the Jellyfish Lagoon. Our boatman grabbed one orange jellyfish and excitedly showed it to me to my surprise!


Upon entering the Jellyfish Lagoon, we didn't see as many jellyfish as I would have expected which I found weird. So I thought "That was it???!!!"


Little did I know that THAT WAS NOT IT. We moved farther into the lagoon and started seeing more and more of the stingless orange jellyfish... I started feeling goosebumps all over my skin.... In my head, I was like thinking "eeeeewwwwww"... Peter, on the other hand, seemed to be enjoying every minute of it. Our boatman told us that if we wish to pick one up, we should make sure that the jellyfish only stay out of the water for 7 seconds, otherwise, they could die. If you watch the video below, you'll notice that I was starting to have my reservations about this part of the trip. Peter was pointing out that these jellyfish were the exact same ones we saw in Caramoan but still... eeeewwwww....


Then I got really scared, panicky and hysterical...


I meditated for a bit just so I can have my photo taken underwater with the numerous stingless jellyfish...


Peter on the other hand felt so happy with them... see his face on this video below? It's like Santa granted him his Christmas wish! He was smiling the whole time he was swimming with them!


Clearly, Peter couldn't get enough and I had to swim in there too to shoot this video below...


Here's another clear underwater video of the stingless jellyfish of Sohoton Cove, in Bucas Grande, Siargao.


We later found out that the spot where we saw the numerous jellyfish was nothing compared to this next spot. There are probably millions of jellyfish in here!!!


So how do you feel after seeing all these jellyfish videos? Feeling icky yet? Do you think you also wanna experience swimming with these stingless orange creatures?

Up next will be our visit to the caves (Hagukan Cave and Magkukuob Cave) and the brave jump we did. ^_^

7 comments:

Gellie Abogado said...

amazing! stingless jellyfish! :)

lifeisacelebration said...

I'd like to do this with my family, perhaps next year. When's the best time?

James Cooper said...

Gellie,

Amazing indeed! :)I wanna go back there... without crying this time around. Teehee. ^_^

James Cooper said...

Hi Marilil,

Any time is a good time to go to Siargao. It's not that affected by the typhoons and rainy season unlike in Visayas and Luzon. When we went there in July (2 months ago), it was raining like crazy in Cebu and there was a storm in Manila and Bohol. But in Siargao, it was sunny like summer. Enjoy! :)

chris said...

parehas sya dun sa nakita kong pictures sa palau,ang ganda!

Anonymous said...

hi there, quick question, are the jellyfish there the whole year?

James Cooper said...

Hi Chris, Thanks!

Anonymous, from what I know, yes. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post