Friday, December 16, 2011

Boating at Mambukal Mountain Resort's Lagoon

Why do I have this feeling that it will take a while to finish all my Mambukal Resort posts? Hehehe. I just have so many photos and videos I want to share so I'll take it slow. For now, let me share with you our experience at Mambukal Resort's Boating Lagoon.

For other posts on Mambukal, just go to this link: Mambukal Mountain Resort

It was before 10 am when we reached the gates of Mambukal. There were a lot of young guys outside the gate asking if we want to go inside with a tour guide.

I asked the person manning the entrance booth and he said that they are not responsible for the guys posing as tour guides and it's up to us if we want to get one. Peter asked the guy how much he charges and the guy said it's up to us. Honestly, we do not like this kind of transaction. We'd rather the guide tell us his rate and we'll see if we can afford it. I know it's not much and any amount of money we give would be appreciated but at the same time, Peter and I value our privacy more, plus, we don't want to feel pressured about the time we spend going from one attraction to the next so we just said no.

And we're glad we did. We had a wonderful time boating at the lagoon. Here. watch some of our videos:



For those of you who will go here with parents and kids, we think it could be easier for you to hire a tour guide. As for us, we'd rather be alone. And so after we got a map at the Administration Building, we headed to our first stop inside Mambukal Resort - the boating lagoon.


Following the map, we headed down the rocky path. 


Strictly no camping in side the Lagoon premises!


We explored the surrounding area first and we found this dyke at the left side of the lagoon. 


Standing on top of the dyke offered a much better view of the boating lagoon. 


From there, we headed to the lagoon itself and rented a boat for Php30 each for thirty minutes. 


At the other end of the lagoon, there's this cascading mini waterfall. Since we had not been to the 7 waterfalls at that time yet, we actually thought this was one of them. LOL!


Like I said before, I didn't really know what was in store for us when we went to Bacolod. I didn't even bring my SPF lotion so I was forced to wear my jacket and cover my forehead lest I want to tan real bad. 


That's it for now. On my next post, I will show you the humongous bats we saw which really gave me the creeps. They were so huge! Probably with wings longer than me. Yikes! Til then!


For other things to do in Bacolod, here's an awesome list of Bacolod Things to Do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post