Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Day that was Christmas


Christmas has now become my least favorite holiday...


Perhaps, it has something to do with my hormones at this time of the year. I think in large part, the way I was brought up also contributed to my psychosis. It's like the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future always show up on my doorstep and I have no choice but to let them all in. And so, when people long to be with their families and loved ones, for some reason, I long to be alone, to sleep, to hibernate. 


I've been like this since the latter part of my childhood although I do try to combat these weird emotional stresses that Christmas usually brings.


This year, I invited my sister and my parents over, thinking that this time it will be different. For the most part, our Christmas celebration has been okay.



We prepared just enough food we can finish for Noche Buena and that I can eat (although I did try to have some of the stuff that my doctor advised me not to eat, hehehe)...





There were singing, playing music, playing foosball, watching DVD movies and bonding over wine and beer...

It was a good Christmas. It was only during the wee hours of the morning, when my sister and my dad got so drunk, that things became very emotional which caused us a lot of distress. But other than that, it was okay. We were together come hell or high water and I think that's what matters most. 

I hope you had a meaningful Christmas and I wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year! 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post