Sunday, September 12, 2010

St. Scholastica's 6-Patriotic '91 Reunite



I'm 4th from right to left, beside our teacher.
6-Patriotic Class '91

Class Moderator: Mrs. Malong
St. Scholastica's Academy of Marikina




I am amazed at how time flies so fast. One minute we were these cute 12-year old kids who couldn't wait to grow up and get out of the clutches of the Benedictine sisters, and now, here we are after 19-20 years, reminiscing the good old innocent days of our childhood, wishing we had the same metabolism, the same slim physique, and the same innocence about the world... or not!


20+ pounds heavier or not, we still exude the same charm and beauty, more so if I may say so. This is my verdict after attending our class reunion on Sept. 4, 2010. I honestly thought this was the only reunion I ever attended with them only to find out that there was another reunion I attended 10 years ago, which I can no longer remember. Is this a sign of an early onset of Alzheimer's? I hope not! ^_^


Anyway, it was great seeing my classmates again. Even Kristin who's now in US joined us via Skype! She's still the same funny girl I know. I really missed her!


The following day, Sunday, my hubby and I watched Ballet Philippines' 41st Concert Season September Gala with some of them (Richie, Nona, Itzel & hubby, Sirikit, Elaine & daughter, and Mericon). Thanks to Nona, we got the tickets at 50% off. Wee!!! Katherine Sanchez, one of our classmates, is now a ballerina. She's always been dancing ballet since Grade School and I am super proud of her for following her dreams. Too bad, cameras weren't allowed inside the CCP Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo and we were in a hurry to catch Despicable Me afterward. I wasn't able to take lots of photos. The shots I did take were from my phone so it's a bit blurred. Oh well. Hopefully, we get to have another class or batch reunion soon, and hopefully, those who weren't able to go will attend this time. ^_^



For more photos, please click this link: Kulasas 6-Patriotic '91 Reunion

4 comments:

JayDJ said...

Hey ! St Scho Marikina ka pala. Batch '90 ako OLOPSS. :) I went to a St. Scho senior prom ng same year/batch namin cause I was the date of a Scholastican then.

James Cooper said...

Hi Jay! Small world.

Do you happen to know Ramela Ayongao? She's my batch mate pero from OLOPSS din sha. She's one of my closest GFs then. :-)

JayDJ said...

hmmm... doesn't ring a bell. How bout Cesper Riel of batch '90 ? I was her prom date then. I have some OLOPSsian classmates who came from St. Scho pero baka elementary pa. Did you take your elementary up at St. Scho rin ?

Oh ! Remember the piano lessons/music store in front of the main gate ? They're a family friend. :)

James Cooper said...

Nah... I don't remember anymore. T'was sooo long ago. I had my elementary in St. Scho. Marikina. Then I transferred to CDO at Lourdes College High School... then back to Manila at Ateneo. I've been around. Nomad talaga. Di mapakali sa isang lugar. Haha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post