Monday, September 19, 2011

How My Mini Vegetable Garden Started






If my memory serves me right, I've only planted three times in my life before this weekend:
  1. ...when I was in grade 3 or 4 and I had to plant mongo seeds as a school project. I remember feeling very excited as I started seeing leaves sprouting in a matter of 24 hours.
  2. ...when I was in high school and my classmates and I had to plant a row of trees as part of our contribution for being girl scouts.
  3. ...when I was in college and I visited my grandfather's farm in Bukidnon, my siblings and I were asked to plant mango trees. We never saw them grow but they're now sturdy and strong which keep bearing succulent mangoes every year.
Then this --- my mini vegetable farm project. You see, growing up, I've always dreamed of being self-sufficient. I had no particular career in mind. All I knew was that I 'd always have money to do whatever I want, and I'd always be able to provide for myself and my family.
As part of this dream, I always saw myself eating fruits and vegetables that I myself grew in my own little garden. But time passed, I got busy with work and with so many other things occupying my time. I got content with just buying fruits and vegetables in the market. But then I thought, when else will I be able to do this? I might as well start now, right?
Let me tell you, I'm a lazy gardener though. And I don't have much patience for studying everything so I just try to learn as much as I go along. Here's how I went about making my own mini vegetable garden the affordable way: How to Make a Vegetable Garden

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post