Saturday, January 07, 2012

It's More Fun in the Philippines - new DOT slogan

Well, it's true! Even Neil Gaiman tweeted:


I should know! I was one of those people who did hug him and smiled at him a lot when he was here! LOL!

 *pardon the person who took this blurred shot. The line was so long with so many people waiting we weren't allowed to take any more pic. Oh well.

Anyway, despite the many calamities we face on a regular basis, I still say with a big resounding voice IT's MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!!! This is why I never dreamed of working abroad; why until now, I still haven't applied for any U.S. or European visa, why I keep coming back and exploring the many beautiful islands we have. With 7,107 islands in the Philippines, I don't think one lifetime is enough to enjoy them all. I am, however, lucky enough to have been to and done so many FUN things in the Philippines:


  • I surfed La Union and Zambales (and soon in Siargao!)
  • I did scuba diving in Anilao, Batangas
  • I experienced the sardine run in Pescador island, Moalboal, Cebu
  • I conquered my fear of heights on the ziplines in Mount Mayon, Legazpi, and Misibis Bay in Bicol
  • I frolicked with whale sharks, the gentle giants of Donsol, Sorsogon
  • I snorkeled in an otherworldly lake, teeming with millions of stingless jellyfish in Siargao
  • I took a dip and even jumped off many different waterfalls, Katibawasan in Camiguin, Kabigan in Ilocos, Mambukal in Bacolod, Pundaquit in Zambales to name a few
  • I danced my heart out in the street at the Panagbenga Festival in Baguio
  • I windsurfed in the calm waters of Lake Caliraya and Misibis bay
  • I explored and experienced all the wonders of Coron and Palawan
  • I lived on the still beautiful island of Boracay
  • I discovered even more beautiful, more pristine islands in Caramoan
  • I soaked in the sun and played in the waters in the many gorgeous beaches in the country
I've done all that and more and yet, I not only find myself doing it all over again; there are still a lot of places in the Philippines I haven't gone to; there's a ton of other fun experiences I want to try. There's really no denying it; it really is more fun in the Philippines. (^_^)



4 comments:

The Rebel Chic said...

Omg!!! It's Neil Gaiman! :D

James Cooper said...

Hihihi! <3

Koryn said...

I just realized, we might have been in the same line at the same time when Gaiman was here! I was there too! :)

BTW, have you been to Batanes yet?

James Cooper said...

Koryn! Gaiman fan ka rin nga pala! :)

I would love to go to Batanes with you! Never been there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post