Friday, January 07, 2011

ABS CBN's Bandila Came for a Visit


I dunno if some of you read my Wiccan blog. But I mentioned in my daily tarot post there yesterday, how things are great again in my side of the universe. I'm a simple girl and simple things make me happy despite the fact that I do get depressed sometimes (which I believe I have now overcome). Take for instance when Mau (ABS-CBN's Bandila's segment producer) texted me if she could interview me about my freelance VA (virtual assistant) job. That made me happy! Since more and more people are asking me about this thing that I do online, I decided that it's probably time to share what I know based on my own experiences.

this was quick shot Mau took of me with her two cameramen

This actually happened before, back in 2008 when my friend Angel, the associate producer of GMA's Imbestigador then, asked to interview me about my job too. It just so happened that I resigned from a very stressful VA job then so I recommended that they interview Peter instead since he was in the same line of work at that time. Here's the link to Peter's Imbestigador Interview, which I believe they aired again late last year.

Then a few months back, my friend Jayvee was co-hosting this radio show on Magic 89.9 and he asked me if he can interview me too. But because I had no time to go out of the house and commute all the way to Ortigas, I declined. Then this invitation by Bandila. As long as I don't have to go out of the house, I decided that it's probably a sign from the universe that I should do it. So I did. I dunno yet when it will air or if it will air at all (I am hoping it will!). Mau promised me that she will text me though. If it does, it will be my 6th time of being interviewed on TV. It feels good to count one's blessings. ^_^
  1. The first time was when QTV invited me to talk about my fashion blog...
  2. The 2nd time was when TV 5 invited me as their guest blogger to cook on their show, How About My Place Tonight...
  3. The third time was when GMA 7's Unang Hirit interviewed me about my digital nail art machine...
  4. Then I had my Go Negosyo interview last September 2010 for my Sexy Nomad Apparel biz.
  5. This would be the 6th time if I include my Philippine Daily Inquirer interview about my homemade spa products back in August of 2003 and a few acting bit roles on TV and commercials I did in the past.

Anyway, here's a short video I took while they were setting up in our backyard:



During Bandila's visit, they made me do the usual things I do at home like laundry, sweeping the floor, cooking, playing with my drums, walking outside of the house, etc., just to show how liberating it is to work from home. This video below, is a short one which I took when they did a video of me walking in our village.


So anyway, that's the latest in my life. I got other things planned like investing with a friend to set up a physical shop for both branded and unbranded apparel as well as investing a little money on one of my supplier's buyers.

I also have an upcoming training the trainers seminar and soap making seminar to attend the next couple of days. I can do all these things because of my flexible schedule at my freelance job. So I guess, for now, I am good. ^_^


2 comments:

Kat said...

Mau also contacted me a week before Christmas for the same episode. :) I actually asked a friend if she would be open for the interview but she declined. sayang hehe

James Cooper said...

Awwww sayang naman! Why daw? How about you? Did you say yes to Mau?

About a month ago pa sha nag-ga-gather ng data. She was messaging me on FB and asking me all sorts of questions which I was happy to answer naman. I thought, yun na yun. Then one day, nagtext na lang sha bigla na punta na sha ng haus. Nagulat ako but it was so much fun! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post