Thursday, November 24, 2011

Building a New Vision Board


As I was reviewing Jack Canfield's Success Principle #7, which I blogged about in KickingPinay.blogspot.com, Unleash the Power of Goal Setting, I took notice of my 12 year old vision board which I started building when I was just in college, the same time that I discovered Oprah. I actually first learned about this whole thing from her, and with the help of my course, AB Psychology, in Ateneo, I was on my way to healing my broken psyche and building wonderful dreams.

 my 12 year old vision board and my longtime mantra

Moving forward, it's been more than a decade and everything on that vision board has already come true as I mentioned in my previous post. Yet, it's still this particular vision board that greets me every time I enter my office.  It's located on a side wall, just above my computer, so it's really hard to miss. It's no wonder that I get more of the same every year and I'm not complaining.

However, perhaps it's about time that I make a new vision board with images of things, places, situations that I want to come true / I want to go to / I want to have.

If you're also journeying towards a better you, a better life, a better new year for you, join me in this process. Let's take some time this weekend, maybe this Saturday, to stop, sit down, and meditate on the things that we really want to happen and have in our lives. Is it good health? Is it the ability to overcome certain fears? Is it to travel the world? Is it to finally get that job you want? Or maybe letting go of your current job and pursuing your real passion? Or maybe you want lots and lots of money, or a brand new home and car? Whatever it is, jot it all down. Then gather images that will convey all these goals you have for yourself.

Our thoughts are very powerful. Whatever it can conceive, we can achieve if we just believe enough to take action. So, this is one of the things I'll do this weekend. Aside from taking some time to transplant my growing vegetable seedlings, I'll also lay down my plans for the coming months and years and create a brand new vision board with my new dreams.
Another thing I'll include there is my longtime desire to windsurf more regularly. I've been meaning to since I fell in love with the sport in 2008, yet I've only done it a few times. As for the rest of my goals, I'll think about them come weekend.

Here's to getting back up on your feet and getting what you want. Cheers! 

See all related posts:

Unleash the Power of Goal Setting (Fundamentals of Success #7)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post