Friday, December 02, 2011

Thank God for HP Plus! I saved Php10k on my Medical Lab Expenses


Yep, that's right. It was the assistant of my doctor who suggested that I go to HP Plus, just across Asian Hospital, almost beside Mercury Drug because all their lab tests are priced so low.

True enough, when I went there yesterday for my liver, gallbladder and pancreas ultrasound, it only cost me Php1,000.
Ultrasound was only Php1,000 at HP Plus

The results were good. I have no gallstones, my pancreas and gallbladder are healthy. It's my liver that has certain moles in it and in order to fully check what they really are, if indeed, they're just HEMANGIOMA, I need to have a CT scan. But before I can get a CT scan, the doctor needs to know if my blood is clear. So a blood test was ordered. I fasted for almost 12 hours and at 5:30 this morning, my husband and I were already at Asian Hospital.


I wasn't sure if HP Plus also does blood tests so I just went straight to Asian Hospital thinking that maybe it's not that expensive. I went to their Emergency Cashier since it's open 24 hours and asked for quotation of both ultrasound of liver, pancreas, and gallbladder and blood tests for BUN, FBS, CREA, LIPID, SGPT, AFP, ALT. I wanted to compare what their ultrasound rates are too. I almost choked when I saw the total cost at Php12,702!!! Asian gives 20% discount to outpatient services if you get their membership card but still, that's gonna be a whopping 10 grand! Their ultrasond alone is almost Php4k when I only paid Php1k at HP Plus!

Php12,702 for one blood extraction???!!! No way!!!

So, Peter and I tried to relax in their cozy lounge area, read some magazines while Peter sipped a cup of coffee from the vending machine and waited for HP Plus to open across the street.


At 6:30 am, we walked to HP Plus. There were already several patients waiting to be called. When it was our turn, I first asked for a quotation of the blood tests I needed. The total was only Php1,970! WOW!!! I had my blood tests done right then and there. I can get the results online this evening or I can pick it up tomorrow morning after Peter and I go for a walk and play badminton at Madrigal Park.

My blood tests only cost me Php1,970 as opposed to Asian Hospital's almost Php9k!

Thank God for HP Plus! I saved a whopping Php10,000 by availing it's super affordable medical and laboratory services. They even do home service and I can get the results online. Hallelujah!
 
HP Plus is located at 2301 Civic Place Unit 106 2301 Civic Dr., Flinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa. You can contact them at 659-2673 to 74 / 0922-8906678 / www.hpdplus.com 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post