Monday, August 02, 2010

Light at the End of the Tunnel

It's August already! See here what I've accomplished so far and the things I plan to do this month (God give me strength).

Anyhoo, Peter and I had a big fight. But after those tragic hours, I feel like we've grown closer and more mature. Even before we got married eight years ago, and even before I said yes to him three years before that, we've already made it one of our principles that fighting is just another form of communication. It's similar with parenting, I guess. Sometimes, you have to let your kids have their tantrums so they can air out their grievances instead of letting them build resentment overtime which can cause more psychological damage to the kid (I think this happened to me when I was in high school, no wonder I never wanted to have kids of my own). Anyway, I digress. It's all better now and since then, Peter and I have grown more in love.

For the first time in months, we spent one whole day with no distractions from our phones and the internet. We went out on a whole day date. Well, okay, not really whole day since we stayed in bed until 2pm. After that, we headed to Festival Mall for some minor shopping. We wanted to watch SALT so we headed to Robinson's groceries first to buy some chocolates, iced tea and junk food so we can save. Food at the movie houses tend to be marked up so high I don't consider it fair anymore. Then we had late lunch at our usual spot in Festival Mall and bought one of those salu-salo meals from Inihaw Express (it's our third weekend there) that we love --- Inihaw na Bangus, Pork Barbeque, Chicken Barbeque, Pork Sisig, Pork Chops, Pinakbet, rice, iced tea and grilled Squid. We were so full and sleepy afterwards coz of all the carbo overload that we went out for coffee afterwards.


It's been so long since I last stepped inside Starbucks. Since we can make our own brewed coffee and other coffee concoctions at home, we rarely buy coffee outside. So we considered this one a treat. While Peter was getting our Venti cup of Caffe Americano, I wrote some love notes on our love book, which I bought earlier.


I usually collect cute little notebooks like this. But this time, I want to use this one instead of just storing it away in my treasure chest... to jot down any important thoughts we may have for each other... kind of like a log book we had back in college, but this time, it's gonna be our own private love book. ^_^


We watched SALT after that and it was okay. I had fun seeing Angelina Jolie do all those stunts and looking like a guy in one of the scenes. ^_^




We went to Ruins after to buy some DVDs and CDs, had some Malaysian food for dinner then went home and cuddled while watching I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS and sipping on my Appletini Peter made for me. Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor wowed us in their role as a gay couple! Bravo! It was a tearjerker and Peter and I loved it.



Earlier today, after Peter went to GSIS to take care of some housing stuff, we were able to spend some more time together. We had a cake, he cooked dinner for us and we watched an old flick, The Good Girl, starring Jennifer Aniston and John Reilly. It was pretty boring at first and Jake Gyllenhaal looked like a lesbian. But it started getting good when it became all complicated and thick. It was after all a premiere selection in Sundance Film Festival in 2002. I guess Peter and I just got a little impatient at the start of the movie. But it was all good. I just wished the movie didn't make us feel as depressed as the main character was. ^_^


Now, I'll soon be preparing for my shift at work. I'm thinking, maybe Peter and I can have another cake before I log on. ^_^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post